vrijdag 17 augustus 2012

Queen Helga's Double-D Dwarfettes

Hello all,

It's been a while, and I don't think many of you will expect any updates at all. But here I am.
Life has been busy, very busy and working on my carreer has taken up most of my time. And shifting interests has resulted in a whole lot of unfinished projects. I know, not really a good excuse to stop painting, and to leave things lying around my paintstation without giving them the attention, and paint that all of these mini's deserve.
But that is all about to change (let's see how long I keep up this time, shall we ;-) )
Anyway, it's Blood Bowl time. When it came to choosing a team, I've decided to go for Dwarves. They are sturdy, survivable and can hold a line like no other. Hitting a dwarf line is like hitting a brick wall. Dwarves don't have the steep learning curve some of the other teams have, so they seemed perfect for a beginner like me :-)

Next came the search for suitable models. I immediatly ruled out GW. Now don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against GW, they invented Blood Bowl, they got me into the hobby, the stuff they produce is of high quality and for that you pay. But I just don't like their Blood Bowl line. The models are quite old and it really shows.  But lucky for me there is a whole host of manufacturers who provide alternative models for Blood Bowl, or Fantasy Football, or Gridiron, or Elfball, or ...

After a while I came across a team of female dwarves, produced by Warlord. Now I knew Warlord from their historical range, but apparently one of their sculptors, Wojtek wanted to do something different and  sculpted these dwarves. The moment I laid eyes on these ladies I knew these were going to be mine.

Queen Helga's Double-D Dwarfettes



The 2 blitzing lady's of the team. Queen Helga likes to play herself, and with the Dwarves disappointing result from last years Blood Bowl league, she decided to take things into her own hands and start up a team of their own.
Obviously, she's the team captain. The busty redhead is Uschi, long time friend of Helga and almost as fanatic about Blood Bowl as the Queen herself.


The teams runners, Jenna and Greta. Black haired Jenna hails from the distant dwarven outpost of Kazad Dorm where she was a courier for the Kazad Guard. She once made it from the outpost to the capital in less than 3 weeks. Impressed with her speed, Helga asked her to join her team. Blond Greta on the other hand has been a professional athlete for many years and has participated in the Sigmar Olympics. Known to many as the Lightening Dwarfette, she's probably the fastest dwarf alive. So asking her to join the team was the obvious choice.


The teams berserkers, Sarah and Freya. These mad ladies asked to join the team for their own reasons. Sarah was dumped by Starplayer Gorvald Ironstar and wants to go to the league to meet hm on the field and get even, while Freja always was a bit wild and crazy and just sees the upcoming league as a fun thing to do.


3 Linemaidens, black haired Tasha, brunette Heidi and showing her best side, blond Angela. All 3 were handmaidens to Queen Helga. One of the prerequisites to becoming a handmaiden for the Queen is that you can hold your own on a Blood Bowl field. So filling out the ranks with her handmaidens didn't pose any problems to the girls as all are quite skilled in the art of Blood Bowl.
Especially Heidi has superb ball handling skills as you can see on the photo.


And the last 3 linemaidens, Ula, Anke and Tanja. Again, all 3 are handmaidens to the Queen.

So that's my team, hope you like it. Now all that remains is to learn how to play and see these girls to victory.

1 opmerking:

  1. Aw right, my all macho male REAL Dwarfs are more then happy to take on those lasses

    Great work and glad to see you back in action

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen